When using Dharma, you'll pay two types of fees: Network Fees and Dharma Fees. These fees depend both on the Network you are using (eg. Ethereum, Polygon, etc.) and the Action you are taking (eg., Buying tokens, transferring tokens, investing in yield, etc.)
Network Fees are charged by network miners / validators in order to process transactions. These fees are set by a real-time auction and can vary substantially even over short time periods. Please note that none of this value goes to Dharma.
If you are transacting on the Ethereum Mainnet, you will pay the full amount of the network fee. Again, this fee is set by a real-time auction and Dharma does not keep any of this fee.
If you are transacting on Polygon, Dharma will pay the full amount of your network fee unless the fee is >$0.50, which, based on our extensive testing, covers the vast majority of network fees. If your transaction will cost more than $0.50, you will pay the full fee.
Dharma Fees is how Dharma makes money. This is the fee we keep, and is how we fund our ongoing operations.
Not every transaction type has a Dharma fee. Transferring tokens, voting on governance proposals, withdrawing funds from yield investments, and many more transaction types have zero Dharma fee.
Some of the transactions for which we do charge Dharma fees are:
- Buying & selling tokens from/to your bank account
- Swapping tokens
- Investing in yield protocols
The fee schedule for these transactions is below:
- For users in these states (AZ, CA, GA, IL, MD, MA, MI, MT, NH, PA, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI, WY)...
- Every transaction that has any Dharma fee has a minimum fee of $1.99
- Depending on the transaction, fees start at 1% of the transaction value, and decrease with the size of your transaction
- For users outside of the above states...
- Every transaction that has any Dharma fee has a minimum fee of $2.49
- Depending on the transaction, fees start at 1.2% of the transaction value, and decrease with the size of your transaction
Join us in Discord if you have any questions!